On the right bank of the majestic estuary, the 66 hectares on terrace are overlooking the Gironde.
This proximity provides a micro-climate.
The vineyards exist since the 14th century as we can see in Duvergier archives, Marquis de Barbe.
The Château de Barbe was owned by the Marquis de Barbe until 1774; it was burned down during the Revolution then rebuilt (at the same time as the Grand Theatre de Bordeaux) by the architect Victor Louis in the Neo-Classic Style.
Descendants of Count Savary de Beauregard stayed owner of the estate until 1993, when it was purchase by Richard family, already implanted in the Côtes de Bourg since 1950.
One of the most beautiful Bourgeais proprieties, the chateau and its attached labyrinth cannot be ignored as they dominate the Gironde on one of the slopes facing Margaux and offer a great place for wedding and family party.
Great terroir, constant in the precision management of the vines and winemaking, reveal the true identity: Full and fleshy with well enveloped tannins. A bouquet of fresh berries and a floral note. Elegant wines often rewards.